OpenGL hardware database overhaul

After reworking the OpenGL ES hardware database some time ago (which was in dire need of an update to be usable again) I have also released a substantial update to the OpenGL hardware database. Server-side processing Biggest change is the use of server-side processing (as with the Vulkan and OpenGL ES databases), so gone are the days where each request to the report listing page would fetch all reports at once, and had the client do the heavy lifting, resulting in a long delay before any filtering or sorting could be done. [Read More]

Combined Vulkan and OpenGL ES listing for android

Upon popular request I finally got around combining android device data from my Vulkan and OpenGL ES hardware databases into a convenient table. This should be handy if you plan on supporting both apis on Vulkan or if you just need to check for general device support. The new page can be reached via https://android.gpuinfo.org/ It combines all android device reports from the Vulkan database with all reports from the OpenGL ES database and also uses google’s official device list for translating device IDs (stored with Vulkan and OpenGL ES reports) into actual retail names. [Read More]

glCapsViewer 1.0 beta release

I just released version 1.0 (beta) of the OpenGL hardware capability viewer (C++ port using Qt). Note that it’s a beta release and my first C++ (and Qt) application released to the public. Release on gitHub:¬†https://github.com/SaschaWillems/glCapsViewer/releases/tag/v1.0-beta Binary downloads (win32) : https://github.com/SaschaWillems/glCapsViewer/releases/download/v1.0-beta/glcapsviewer_v1_0-beta_win32.7z or http://opengl.delphigl.de/releases/glcapsviewer_v1_0-beta_win32.7z If you find any bugs, please post them in the comment section or (better) open an issue at the github repository. Right now windows only, other platforms (linux first) will follow as soon as I’ve moved the project to CMake. [Read More]

New features and url for the OpenGL hardware database

In preparation for the release of the next glCapsViewerversion (C++), the OpenGL hardware database has been completely overhauled and also got a new url for easier access. After releasing the sources to the php front end of the database, I decided to clean up the sources for all pages, throw out old (bad) code and add in new features using external libraries like DataTables. The OpenGL hardware database was my first php based web project, so much of the code wasn’t very pretty, and almost all search and filter functions were hard coded and not available everywhere and for all table columns. [Read More]

OpenGL hardware database updated

I finally got around uploading an almost complete new version of the OpenGL Hardware Database. Besides the new visuals, to bring it in line with the design of the OpenGL ES Hardware Database, it offers new functionalty like search boxes on almost every page, new listings like max. supported OpenGL version per device and much more. Another fine change allows you to call certain pages with parameters, so now you can create and share links for e. [Read More]

A note about NVIDIA drivers (on windows) an glCapsViewer

Thanks to Christophe Riccio, it came to my attention that most NVIDIA driver reports on windows are discarded when trying to upload them to my OpenGL hardware database. The cause for that is pretty simple : Contrary to the other vendors, NVIDIA does not include their (or any, e.g. OpenGL ICD) driver version inside the GL_VERSION string on windows (at least not on Windows Vista and up, on XP this still seems to be the case). [Read More]

glCapsViewer 0.7 released - Proxy support added

Some of you using glCapsViewer to upload reports for the OpenGL hardware database weren’t actually able to do so, especially those that wanted to upload reports from work or other places that needed special proxy settings to connect online. So after several requests I’ve added a new proxy settings window to the glCapsViewer that should allow those folks behind a proxy to also upload their reports. Note that I only updated the windows and linux versions, as an external person has to compile the Mac OS X release (thanks to Apple for not allowing me to compile for their OS from e. [Read More]

glCapsViewer new database features

In addition to a new logo for glCapsViewer, I also worked on the database itself. Aside from fixing a problem with extension counts on the statistics page, making visual and practical changes to e.g. the report pages, I also added some features to the PHP-backed database : Supporting percentage for extensions on the statistics page A new column showing the percentage of reports supporting the given extension was added. [Read More]

glCapsViewer - Mac OS X version

Thanks to the kind help of damadmax (a user from the delphigl.com forums) I can now also offer a Mac OS X version of glCapsViewer, so all you mac users out there can now start submitting your reports. With Mac OS X now also available the most common operating systems are covered, so hopefully the OpenGL capability database will grow into a valuable source for all OpenGL developers out there. [Read More]

glCapsViewer 0.5 + SQL database

I’ve just released version 0.5 of glCapsViewer, and though the tool itself doesn’t seem that much different from 0.4, the real difference is in what’s behind it. Cause I’ve dropped the simple PHP listing (and searching) of uploaded XML files in favour of a real SQL database. This is not only much faster but allows for a lot of new features, and one these first new features (and propably one of the most important) is the possibility to compare (up to eight) reports in a single page. [Read More]