I just updated our OpenGL header translations to the latest 4.4 specs just released by Khronos. So if you’re developing cutting-edge 3D stuff with Delphi or Free Pascal you can now use the latest features available, as long as you’ve got the hardware and your vendor released new drivers (currently only NVIDIA seems to have GL 4.4 drivers out there). This header also fixes some minor bugs that have been reported by some of our community headers.
Once again it was end who has uploaded the first OpenGL 4.4 report to the glCapsViewer database.
Since I’m on an ATI (AMD) GPU and only NVidia has released OpenGL 4.4 drivers I wasn’t able to test out the new features. As usual the header should work with windows (32- and 64-bit), Mac OSX (at least in FPC, haven’t tested with XE2) and Linux (naturally FPC only). So if you got the hardware, the driver and want to test one of the new 4.3 features with Delphi / FPC, go ahead and get our new header on the official wiki page.
And if you find any bugs with the new features (or old ones too), please let me know.
The current open beta of Projekt “W” – Phase 2 has been updated to revision 201. New for this release :
- Added a linux x86_64 release. From now on all upcoming releases will also be available for linux x86_64.
- Fixed a bug that stopped ecology buildings from getting finished.
- Fixed wrong global project calculation for minimum required funds to progress.
- (Linux) The sound library (libbass.so) is now loaded dynamically. If there was a problem loading it you get a corresponding message instead of the game not starting.
- (Linux) Executable bits for the start script and the game’s binary have been set.
- Fixed lots of spelling and grammar errors.
You can grab the new releases here :
(Windows) Projekt “W” – Phase 2 – Open Beta rev. #201 (~83 MBytes)
(Linux, i386) Projekt “W” – Phase 2 – Open Beta rev. #201 (~90 MBytes)
(Linux, x86_64) Projekt “W” – Phase 2 – Open Beta rev. #201 (~90 MBytes)
The main reason it took longer than planned to get this release out (the changelog is pretty small) was the continued work on the Mac OSX port. It’s already fully functional and playable on Mac OSX (including all OS-specific stuff like getting and changing resolutions, different timing methods). But no ETA on this yet, as there’s still a lot of testing to be done.